Scrum Team Lead – Scrum Master
This individual will be directly responsible for one or more scrum teams supporting the designated product line. As a lead, this individual will also be responsible for evolving current team practices and further adoption of best practices to facilitate and promote high performing scrum teams.
- Overall responsibility for the timely and effective delivery of one or more scrum teams to meet agreed upon program objectives.
- Facilitate sprint planning, sprint review and retrospective sessions for assigned work streams
- Work with the Product Owner to drive effective product planning, story prioritization and backlog management.
- Alignment with program objectives and commitments
- Estimation of relative complexity of backlog items
- Use of empiricism and/or other techniques to forecast remaining work
- Mentor and drive best practices for story development and backlog items
- Clearly defined, appropriately sized/estimated, and testable stories
- Backlog items that yield usable product increments that can be prioritized and aligned to the product roadmap
- Facilitates the creation of project management reports and metrics that is consistent across the program
- Educate stakeholders on the use of metrics to assess productivity and progress
- Transparent artifacts
- Presentation and distribution of key measurements to stakeholders
- Foster and promote continuous process and practice improvements within the team and across the program.
- Work with other scrum masters and program/project managers to drive best and consistent practices across teams
- Encourage and drive self-organizing teams and a fulfilling/motivating work environment
- Coordinate and integrate the efforts of external resources/teams
- Identify, communicate requirements and request/schedule efforts from other teams including but not limited to Middleware, Network, Security, Deployment, Quality, and Support with sensitivity to their processes, priorities and timelines.
- Work with other team leads to integrate or modify disparate processes for seamless integration
- Proactively identify and work to remove other resource impediments
- Effective and timely stakeholder communications
- Understands how to use and ensures data is accurately maintained in the client’s Project Management tools (e.g. JIRA)
- Work with the Program Manager or Agile Office to promote alignment and adoption of best practices
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- Experience with agile project management tools
- Experience in developing high performing teams
- Experience in implementing scrum and/or process improvements a strong plus
- Team player with excellent collaboration skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence peers
- Excellent written verbal communication skills
- Resourceful, creative and proactive problem solver
- Highly motivated and results driven
- Able to deal with ambiguity
- CSM or other agile certification a plus